1. Acceptance of Terms
Codota reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise or modify these Terms at any time, and you agree to be bound by such revisions or modifications. Users are responsible for viewing these Terms periodically. Your continued use of the Services after a change or modification of these Terms has been made will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, your only remedy is to discontinue your use of the Services and to cancel any Account(s) (as defined below) you have created for use of the Services.
If you violate the Terms, Codota reserves the right to issue you a warning regarding the violation or to immediately terminate or suspend all or part of the Accounts you have created for using the Services. You agree that Codota does not need to provide you notice before terminating or suspending your Account(s), but it may provide such notice in its sole discretion.
You agree that Codota may change any part of the Services, including its content, at any time or discontinue the Services or any part thereof, for any reason, without notice to you and without liability. You declare that by acceptance of these Terms and/or by using the Services you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Codota or under the strict and continuous supervision of a parent or any other qualified legal guardian, and in any case, at least 18 years of age. You may not use the Services and may not accept these Terms if you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
2. Description of the Services
Codota’s Services include, without limitation (i) a software and/or a service for searching and sharing software code, and (ii) a software and/or a service which analyzes your code-development environment and the activities performed therein, and automatically suggests you relevant code portions which may be applicable to your uses ("Suggested Code(s)"). Codota shall not assume any responsibility to any content which is published, displayed and/or suggested through the Services, including without limitation with respect to any Suggested Code, its integrity, accuracy and/or reliability. Codota cannot guarantee that the Services will always function without disruptions, delay or errors. A number of factors may impact the quality of your communications and use of the Services, and may result in the failure of your communications including, without limitation, your local network, firewall, your internet service provider, the public internet and your power supply. Codota takes no responsibility for any disruption, interruption or delay caused by any failure of or inadequacy in any of these items or any other items over which we have no control.
Please note that though Codota strives that any Suggested Code provided through the Services shall be usable in accordance with its respective license terms, which may (but without obligation to do so) be provided by Codota together with such Suggested Code, the ultimate responsibility with respect to such Suggested Code, its usage and/or incorporation thereof into your source code or any of your software and/or products, lies solely with you, and, without derogating from Sections 13 and 15 below, Codota, its directors, officers, employees and consultants do not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to any Suggested Code, even if such Suggested Code and/or any use made by you thereof (i) infringes any intellectual property right of any third party, (ii) requires the distribution to the public of, or public access to, your (or any third party's) source code or any of your software and/or products, (iii) restrict your ability to charge for distribution of, or use your (or any third party's) source code or any of your software and/or products, or (iv) causes any damage to or imposes any liability on you and/or any third party. We recommend that you carefully read the applicable license of any Suggested Code you intend to use, prior to such usage.
3. Access to the Services
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer or mobile device meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Services. Codota does not provide you with the equipment to access and/or use our Services. You are responsible for all fees charged by third parties related to your access and use of the Services (e.g., charges by Internet service providers or air time charges).
4. Account Information
In order to register to our Services, you may be asked, if and as applicable, to sign-in using your relevant authentication provider service. During the process of creating an account in order to access the Services ("Account"), you may be required to select a password or to allow us to access your Account information from an authentication service (the "Login Information"). The following rules govern the security of your Account and Login Information. For the purposes of these Terms, references to Account and Login Information shall include any account and account information, including user names, passwords or security questions, whether or not created for the purpose of using the Services, that are used to access the Services (for example, account information for a social network service account from which the Services are accessed):
- You shall not share your Account or Login Information, nor let anyone else access your Account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account.
- In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including, without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your Login Information or unauthorized access to your Account, you must immediately notify Codota and modify your Login Information;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you;
- You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account, whether or not such actions were taken by you, including, for the avoidance of doubt, actions taken by third parties. You therefore acknowledge that your Account may be terminated if someone else uses it to engage in any activity that violates these Terms or is otherwise improper or illegal;
- You undertake to monitor your Account and restrict use by any individual barred from accepting these Terms and/or receiving the Services, under the provisions listed herein or any applicable law. You shall accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Services by any of the above mentioned;
- Codota reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates such third party's rights.
You further understand and agree that by creating your Account you will be providing all rights necessary to enable Codota to collect and track (including through an application) the information as contained on the social network through which you subscribed (as applicable), including without limitation, your profile picture and friends list.
Subject to your agreement and compliance with these Terms, Codota grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited scope license to use the Services. Use of the Services shall be solely for your own, private purposes and for no other purpose whatsoever. You hereby acknowledge that your license to use the Services is limited by these Terms, and, if you violate or if, at any point, you do not agree to any of these Terms, your license to use the Services shall immediately terminate, and you shall immediately refrain from using the Services. If the Services or any part thereof is determined to be illegal under the laws of the country in which you are situated, you shall not be granted any license to use the Services, and must refrain from using the Services.
6. Fees; Payment
Codota may offer its users access to certain Services through various subscription plans, of which some may be free of charge and some premium plans may be offered at different rates as shall be detailed on the Services from time to time. Access to these Services and use of selected features of these Services is subject to timely payment of applicable fees, if any. Codota reserves the right to terminate your use of the Services in case of any failure on your part to timely pay any fees due by you to Codota (if any). Codota may, at its sole discretion, add, remove or change the features and services it offers or the fees (including the amount or the type of fees) Codota charges at any time. You agree that you are responsible for checking the Codota website regularly to confirm whether there are any new fees and their effective date(s). Codota is not responsible for any charges or expenses you incur as a result from being billed by Codota in accordance with these Terms. All fees payable by you are exclusive of any applicable taxes and duties, including, without limitation, VAT and applicable sales tax. Fees are quoted and payable in United States dollars, and fees are based on services purchased and not actual usage.
7. Refund Policy
If you were charged by Codota for any Services, you may file a request for a refund with Codota at any time in the event that such Services provided to you do not function properly and/or are not as described in the Codota website. In such case, Codota may, at its sole discretion, refund you and/or credit your Account.
8. Account Termination
Codota may refuse access to the Services or may terminate your Account without notice for any reason, including, but not limited to, a suspected violation of these Terms, illegal or improper use of your Account, or illegal or improper use of the Services, User Content (as defined below), products, or Codota's intellectual property as determined by Codota in its sole discretion. You may lose your user name as a result of Account termination, without responsibility on the part of Codota for any damage that may result from the foregoing. If you have more than one Account, Codota may terminate all of your Accounts.
In addition to the foregoing, Codota may selectively remove, revoke or garnishee Benefits associated with your Account. "Benefits" mean licensed rights granted, awarded, gifted, provided to and/or purchased by you to access and/or use online or offline elements or features of the Services, and include but are not limited to customer content, digital and/or virtual assets. If your Account, or a particular subscription for a Service associated with your Account, is terminated, suspended and/or if any Benefits are selectively removed, revoked or garnisheed from your Account, no refund will be granted, no Benefits will be credited to you or converted to cash or other forms of reimbursement, and you will have no further access to your Account or Benefits associated with your Account or such particular Service.
You acknowledge that Codota is not required to provide you notice before suspending or terminating your Account or selectively removing, revoking or garnisheeing Benefits associated with your Account. In the event that Codota terminates your Account, you may not participate nor make use of the Services again without Codota's express consent. Codota reserves the right to refuse to keep Accounts for, and provide access to the Services or other services to, any individual. You may not allow individuals whose Accounts have been terminated by us to use your Account. If you believe that any action has been taken against your Account in error, please contact us at: email@example.com
You are solely responsible to preserve the originals of any content you provide and/or upload to the Services. Codota does not guarantee that any content will always be available through the Services. Do not rely upon the Services as a storage space for such content.
9. User Content
You agree that any content published by you through the Services is done so through the use of technology and tools provided by Codota. You agree that you are publishing such content willingly and you represent that you own such content or have received the necessary authorizations from third parties, that you have all rights to publish said content and that publishing of the content by you complies with all applicable laws. You grant Codota the right to act as an agent on your behalf as the Services' operator.
Codota does not claim ownership of any videos, data, software code, text, graphics, photographs, or any other content, and their selection and arrangement, uploaded to the Services by any user ("User Contentb>"). However, by sending, uploading and/or creating User Content and/or using the Services, other than in the private sections of the Services (as designated as such in writing in a specific Service) ("Services’ Private Sections"), you automatically grant Codota a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license of all worldwide rights to share, use, edit, modify, include, incorporate, adapt, record and reproduce such User Content, including, without limitation, all trademarks associated therewith, in any manner whatsoever, in or out of context, in all languages, in all media now known or hereafter created for the purposes set forth in the Services and these Terms, including for the avoidance of doubt commercial, non-commercial and/or promotional use by Codota associating such User Content with your user information, including without limitation your user name and/or profile picture. Codota may retain any raw material that you submit, and make internal use of such material including for testing purposes. You hereby agree that, except with respect to User Content created and/or uploaded into the Services’ Private Sections which shall not be sold, shared, traded or otherwise disclosed to third parties, and except as otherwise expressly set forth in writing in a specific Service, any of Codota’s users may view and use the User Content. You may request that Codota delete and make no further use of such material by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Codota may or may not regulate User Content and provides no representations or guarantees regarding the accuracy, quality, or integrity of any User Content posted via the Services. By using the Services you acknowledge and accept that you may be exposed to material you find offensive or objectionable. You agree that Codota will not under any circumstances be responsible or liable for any User Content, including, but not limited to, errors in any User Content or any loss or damage incurred by use of the User Content or for any failure to or delay in removing User Content.
Codota reserves the right (but shall at no time be obligated) to, in its sole discretion, remove, block, edit, move, disable or permanently delete User Content from the Services with or without notice for any reason whatsoever. You hereby agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Codota shall at no time be responsible or held liable for the removal, modification or blocking of material or User Content that may be considered offensive and shall at no time be obligated to effect such removal other than under applicable law.
10. Communication Channels
The Services may provide communication channels such as forums, communities, or chat areas ("Communication Channels") designed to enable you to communicate with other users of the Services. Codota is under no obligation to monitor these communication channels but may do so, and reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Channels and to remove any materials, at any time, with or without notice for any reason, at its sole discretion. Codota may also terminate or suspend your access to any Communication Channels at any time, without notice, for any reason. You acknowledge that chats, postings, or materials posted by users on the Communication Channels are neither endorsed nor controlled by Codota, and these communications should not be considered reviewed or approved by Codota. You will be solely responsible for your activities within the Communication Channels and under no circumstances will Codota be liable for any activity within the Communication Channels. You agree that all your communications within the Communication Channels are public, and you have no expectation of privacy regarding your use of the Communication Channels. Codota is not responsible for information that you choose to share on the Communication Channels, or for the actions of other users.
11. Rules of Conduct and Usage
You represent and warrant that you have full right and authority to use the Services and to be bound by these Terms. You agree that you will comply fully with these Terms and all applicable domestic and international laws, regulations, statutes, ordinances that govern your use of such Services. Without limiting the foregoing and in recognition of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local and international rules regarding online conduct. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws affecting the transmission of content or the privacy of persons.
You undertake that you shall not defraud, or attempt to defraud, Codota or other users, and that you shall not act in bad faith in your use of the Services. If Codota determines that you have acted in bad faith and/or in violation of these Terms, or if Codota determines that your actions fall outside of reasonable community standards, Codota may, at its sole discretion, terminate your Account and prohibit you from using the Services. You agree that your use of the Services shall be lawful and that you will comply with the usage rules. In furtherance of the foregoing, and as an example and not as a limitation, you agree that you shall not:
- Create an Account with or access the Services if you are barred from receiving the Services under the provisions of these Terms or any applicable law;
- Upload, post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any material that is vulgar, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexual or that is, in a reasonable person's view, otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- Libel, ridicule, defame, mock, stalk, intimidate, threaten, harass, or abuse anyone, hatefully, racially, ethnically or in any other manner;
- Copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except if expressly authorized by Codota or by applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the Services;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Services or the computers of other users of the Services;
- Advertise, solicit or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk e-mail or repetitive messages (spim or spam) to anyone;
- Violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including by using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information or material made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity);
- Create false personas, multiple identities, multiple user Accounts, set up an Account on behalf of someone other than yourself, use bots or other automated software programs to defraud or which otherwise violate these Terms and/or the terms of service of any third-party applications or social networks through which the Services is accessed;
- Attempt to obtain passwords or other private information from other members including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit), without Codota's express consent, any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats ("gifs"), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as "spyware", "passive collection mechanisms" or "pcms");
- Improperly use support channels or complaint buttons to make false reports to Codota;
- Develop and distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications;
- Encourage any third party to: (i) directly or indirectly generate usage, queries, impressions, or clicks through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means; (ii) edit or modify any tag, or remove, obscure or minimize any tag in any way; or (iii) engage in any action or practice that reflects poorly on Codota or otherwise disparages or devalues Codota's reputation or goodwill;
- Make representations with respect to Codota not approved in advance and in writing by Codota. You shall obtain Codota's prior written approval to the content of any marketing message, and with respect to any use of Codota's trade name and/or trademarks and/or designs in connection with the Services;
- Rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise transfer your Account to anyone without Codota's prior written consent;
- Access or use an Account which has been rented, leased, sold, traded, gifted, bequeathed, or otherwise transferred from the Account creator without Codota's prior written consent;
- Engage in any fraudulent activity with respect to payment methods or advertiser tracking mechanisms;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations, or encourage or promote any illegal activity including, but not limited to, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, or cheats or hacks for the Services;
- Attempt to use the Services on or through any service that is not authorized by Codota. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. Codota takes no responsibility for your use of the Services through any service that is not authorized by it;
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for the Services;
- and/or Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy using the Services, including disruption, overburden or aid the disruption or overburdening of the Services’ servers, or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide the Services for the enjoyment of all its users.
12. Intellectual Property Ownership
Codota and/or its affiliates retain all rights in the Services' materials (including, but not limited to, applications, software, designs, graphics, texts, information, pictures, video, sound, music, and other files, and their selection and arrangement) (collectively, "Services' Materials"). The entire contents of the Services are protected by applicable copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights. You shall not, nor shall you cause any other party to modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, copy, transfer, create derivative works from, rent, sub-license, distribute, reproduce framed, republish, scrape, download, display, transmit, post, lease or sell in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, use for any purpose other than for using the Services pursuant to these Terms or otherwise exploit any of the Services' Materials without Codota's explicit, prior written consent. The foregoing shall not apply to your own User Content that you post through the Services in accordance with these Terms. All other uses of copyrighted or trade mark material, including any derivative use, require explicit, prior written consent from Codota. Any reproduction or redistribution of materials not in accordance with these Terms is explicitly prohibited and may result in the termination of your Account as well as severe civil and criminal penalties.
Codota and/or its licensors and affiliates own all right, title, and interest, including copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in and to all the Services' Materials. You hereby acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Services or by accessing any of the Services' Materials, or rights to any derivative works thereof.
You are not required to provide Codota with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Services or any of the Services' Materials. However, should you provide Codota with comments or suggestions for the modification, correction, improvement or enhancement of the Services and/or any of the Services' Materials, then, subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, you hereby grant Codota a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license, including the right to sublicense, to use and disclose such comments and suggestions in any manner Codota chooses and to display, perform, copy, have copied, make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, and otherwise dispose of Codota's and its sublicensees' products and content embodying such comments or suggestions in any manner and via any media Codota chooses, but without reference to the source of such comments or suggestions.
13. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability; Indemnification
You agree that your use of the Services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Codota, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, explicit or implied, in connection with the Services and your use thereof including implied warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, usefulness, authority, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. Codota makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content of the Services, of the content of any sites linked to the Services, of any Third Party Materials (as defined below) and assumes no liability or responsibility for any:
- Suggested Code;
- Errors, mistakes, inaccuracies, non-suitability or non-conformity of any content, including, without limitation, any Suggested Code;
- Direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages including without derogating personal injury, property damages and/or monetary damages, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of the use of or the inability to use the Services;
- Any unauthorized access to or use of Third Party Materials, secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Services;
- Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Services by any third party; or
- Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, e-mailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services, including, without limitation, any Suggested Code.
Without derogating from the abovementioned, in no event will Codota, its directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners, consultants and/or employees, be liable to you or any third person for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever including any lost profits or lost data arising from your use of the Services or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from the Services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Codota has been advised of the possibility of these damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. You specifically acknowledge that Codota shall not be liable for any user submissions and/or defamatory, offensive and/or illegal conduct by any third party, and that the risk of harm or damage from and/or associated with the foregoing rests entirely with you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Codota, and each of its directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any of the following:
- Your use of and access to the Services, including, without limitation, any Suggested Code;
- Your violation of any term of these Terms;
- Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right;
- Any claim that any user submission made by you has caused damage to a third party; or
- Any User Content you post or share on or through the Services.
14. Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in purchase of goods, use of coupons, promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Codota will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services, including, for the avoidance of doubt any dealings with third party vendors and/or merchants which were referred in any suggestions and/or recommendations provided through and/or within the Services.
15. Third Party Material
You may be able to access, review, display or use third party services, resources, content, data, information, software code (including, without limitation, any Suggested Code) and/or links to other websites or resources ("Third Party Materialsb>") via the Services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume any and all risks arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon any such Third Party Materials, and Codota disclaims any liability that you may incur arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon such Third Party Materials through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Codota: (i) is not responsible for the availability, accuracy integrity, quality or lawfulness of such Third Party Materials or the products or services on or available from such Third Party Materials; (ii) has no liability to you or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of your access to or use of such Third Party Materials; and (iii) does not make any promises to remove Third Party Materials from being accessed through the Services. Your ability to access or link to Third Party Materials or third party services does not imply any endorsement by Codota of Third Party Materials or any such third party services.
These Terms do not authorize you to, and you may not use any Third Party Materials except as expressly permitted (by license or otherwise) by the owners of such Third Party Materials and such owners may have the right to seek damages against you for any unauthorized use of their Third Party Materials.
Without derogating from any of Codota's rights and remedies under these Terms and/or under law, Codota will be entitled, at its sole discretion, to immediately discontinue the Services or any part thereof, including the termination of your Account, in the event of any alleged infringement, misappropriation or violation of any rights of any third parties in connection with the Third Party Materials.
You may not use any Third Party Materials for which you have not obtained appropriate approval to use. Codota cannot grant permission to use third party content.
16. Links, Search Engines
The Services may contain links to other websites or resources ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Codota and Codota is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Codota is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Codota of the site or any association with its operators. You acknowledge and agree that Codota will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Notices to you may be made via the Services and/or e-mail. Codota may also provide notices of changes to these Terms or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and any other communications that Codota provide as aforementioned satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
By using or visiting the Services, you agree that the laws of the State of Israel, without regard to principles of conflict of laws and regardless of your location, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Codota. Any claim or dispute between you and Codota that arises in whole or in part from your use of the Services shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Tel-Aviv, Israel, to the exclusion of any other courts, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-convenient with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the courts of Tel-Aviv, Israel. Codota reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly for any changes. Your use of the Services following any amendment of these Terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND CODOTA AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.