- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of information.
Codota, based at the heart of Tel-Aviv, works to help developers to build software smarter and faster. In order to do that, Codota learns models that reflect how software is built, based on analysis codes. Codota runs deep code learning algorithms on your code and reputable open source code to discover practices that are the de-facto coding standards. It then formulates unwritten rules that serve developers as the ultimate source of coding insight.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your email address and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, through registration to the Website as well as submitting inquiries regarding or provided service.
Registration: You may register using your full name and email address. We will explicitly indicate the mandatory fields for completion.
Registration through your Facebook, Google or GitHub Accounts: You may also register using your Facebook, Google or GitHub Accounts. If you choose to register with these accounts, you give us access to retrieve your information from these services. The particular categories of information we retrieve from the accounts are within the scope of information that such networks makes available to us by default, according to your privacy settings at each network. The information we collect in this manner typically includes your full name, email address and public information from your profile on these services.
Inquiries: If you contact us for various reasons such as requesting a specific service, asking questions or raising a complaint, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your user ID in the service, email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Use of Information:
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the requested services:
- User interaction with Codota’s suggestions is used as a feedback mechanism that improves our machine learning by promoting suggestions you decide to accept.
We process this information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you (e.g., according to the service you requested)
- Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have, to evaluate and improve our services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities;
- Your e-mail and your account will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account, to respond to you regarding comments or inquiry you have submitted or in order to contact you when Codota believes it to be necessary.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the services to allow our users to have the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Codota's services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected. This, enables us to personalize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs, as well as to improve your experience on the platform by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably attempt to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your Personal Information, to any third party without having received your permission, except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law.
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management, or maintenance services. We use Intercom for user communication and support which enables us to provide you with efficient technical support service.
We also share your information for analytics purposes with third parties who provide us with analytics services such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel and Fullstory. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of Codota's services across applications, websites or other products. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our services.
We may transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change. We may provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our website or the services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer services.
Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Codota, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
If you are located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you are afforded specific rights regarding your personal information. Subject to eligibility, users in the EU or in the EEA have the following rights to;
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
- Object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the website experience for all of our visitors. In addition, Cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain varied information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you arrived at the Website and more. The information stored in Cookies is confidential and Codota’s site administrators take precautions to ensure such confidentiality. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this website.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. Keep in mind that we are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party, who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, Codota does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems (unless the data is required for Codota to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services), and inform other relevant parties to which we have disclosed your personal data of the erasure request.
Access to Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of you personal information you may contact us with a request and we may charge a small fee for such service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may request to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY