How Codota keeps your code private
Codota uses minimal contextual information pulled from the currently edited file, which allows us to make predictions based in your current local scope. We do not send your code to Codota servers and do not use your code to train our models. All information sent to our servers is ephemeral, only used to compute your prediction, and the queries themselves are not saved in our system after we’ve fulfilled them.
The Codota plugin gives you code completion suggestions based on a model trained on millions of open source Java programs, which are then modified based on the code you are currently working with. Codota uses the context of the code you are writing as a required input.
Codota’s plugin sends minimal information on the application’s local context, and the scope of this information is limited to the code that you are currently editing. The Codota plugin DOES NOT send full blocks of code outside your IDE.
What IS being sent out of your IDE?
- Fully qualified class names and types that are manipulated in the local scope of the method that you are currently editing.
- Fully qualified class names and types that the current class extends or implements.
- Variable names and methods invoked from the local scope of the method that you are currently editing.
What IS NOT being sent out of your IDE?
- Codota DOES NOT send any literal data values. No values, whether numeric or String-based, are sent.
- Codota DOES NOT send complete code elements from any resource in your project, we only send elements from the current file.
- Codota DOES NOT send the logical structure of your code.
- Codota deep completions are an exception to these rules, but you must opt-in to enable this functionality. See below for more information
Codota ensures your data is secured and private:
- Your data is being sent in an encrypted communications using HTTPS
- Your data is used for prediction and code suggestion only Your data is not stored on our servers
- Codota does not use your code to train our models
Deep Completions (beta)
If you choose to opt-in to Codota’s deep completions feature, the Codota plugin will send local blocks of code from the edited file to the server. This allows us to provide deep completion suggestions.
These blocks of code are never stored - they are used to calculate code predictions, and are immediately discarded afterwards.
Your code’s privacy is our highest priority. We at Codota want to reassure you that your code stays private when using our products, and any chunks of code used are used for prediction generation only. If you still have questions or reservations, please contact email@example.com