This code example shows how to use the following methods:
* Copyright (C) 2013 François Girard
* This file is part of Rocket Finder.
* Rocket Finder is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* Rocket Finder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
transit requests directions via public transit routes (where available).
About the "I would also like to get traffic information such as busy routes, congestion, etc." I have not looked into this, but my code should get you started pretty good.
Found this in the google directions api:
"For Driving Directions: Maps for Business customers can specify the departure_time to receive trip duration considering current traffic conditions. The departure_time must be set to within a few minutes of the current time."
Yes. You would have to code all the functionality yourself. AFAIK there is no library that does that and of course Google Maps Android API v2 doesn't (and most probably won't) provide such functionality because it is too specific. I still think this would make a pretty useful library.
And can we extract the points to compare them with the ideal answer which was to be traced?
Yes. That would be simple after you are done with everything else.